Monday, July 19, 2004

Faka... fìkì...

Faka...Fìkì...

It's an expression in Yoruba, the generic language of the Yoruba people of South-West Nigeria. I chose Yoruba cos that's one of those things that's stuck with me all through. And as a language it's damn rich.

Faka... fìkì... like a locomotive.

Faka... fìkì... like sex.

It represents the two sides of a coin; in... out...; life... death...; up... down...; fast... slow...; come... go...; war... peace...; good... evil; create... destroy...; begin... end. The list is endless. Simply put, it represents the 2 basic extremes which never let go of each other like a quarrelsome siamese.

And that's what I am.

Can I say that's what you are?

Can I say that's what we were all meant to be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's this philosophy?